2017 / 2018 SNAL Leadership Academy
SNAL is calling all future leaders! New this year, SNAL will hold a Leadership Academy that will provide members an opportunity to grow as a leader, learn about governance & parliamentary procedure, group dynamics, and team building. Spaces are limited to 25 people and registration will open August 1, 2017. Make sure you are willing to commit to 3-8 hour sessions scheduled throughout the year. The first session will be held on October 9th, 2017 at the Lafayette Cajun Dome & Convention Center.
You may download the registration packet here. Forms need to be completed and submitted by August 31, 2017 to Melissa Campbell. The packets will be reviewed by the SNAL Professional Development Committee and an email will be sent to confirm your spot at Leadership. SNAL is looking forward embarking on the new journey with our future leaders! Questions regarding Leadership Academy can be directed to Melissa Campbell at Melissa.email@example.com
Training will include understanding the roles and differences in leadership styles, public speaking and presentation skills, personal assessment of skills,
group dynamics, team building, and governance issues such as parliamentary procedure.
1. The leadership Academy will consist of 3 separate training sessions, at locations and dates to be determined.
2. Class size is limited to 25 people. Selection will be done by SNAL Professional Development Committee and applicant will be notified by the SNAL
3. SNAL will not reimburse participants for overnight lodging or mileage to attend any of the sessions.
4. Your application MUST be signed by your system School Nutrition Director/Supervisor.
5. Participants MUST be current members of SNAL.
6. The SNAL Leadership Academy is a considerable investment of time, money, and effort by SNAL, trainers, and the participants.
Please plan ahead so that you are able to attend each session. The schedule of training is tentative at this time.