Louisiana School Lunch Week - March 5-9, 2018
The 2018 Louisiana School Lunch theme is “Louisiana School Lunch: March Into A Healthier Meal”. The aim is to show off all Louisiana products that
are used prepared for students in all districts across the state. This week recognizes the contribution that the Louisiana products provide to
the health and wellness of our students who take advantage of the meals provided.
Entrants may submit a Scrapbook and/or a Video
Please Read The Instructions Carefully.
LSLW 2018 Scrapbook Instructions
1. Entries must be submitted in a one inch (1”) to x one and 1/2 inch (1 ½”) three ring binder with sheet protectors.
2. Entry form provided must be the first page of the binder.
3. Entry cannot exceed twenty (20) individual sheets.
4. Both sides of each page may be utilized, making the maximum page count to be forty (40), front and back sheets.
5. Entry should include lots of pictures, copies of menus, letters, thanks you notes and documentation of media coverage.
6. Typed or neatly printed captions must accompany pictures, cards, student activity sheets, newsletter articles, etc.
7. All documentation should be placed in the same sequence that the events took place.
8. Involve students in activities.
Scrapbook Scoring Criteria
Binder Presentation (Neat Creative Colorful) 15 points
Student/Cafeteria Staff Involvement 25 points
Presentation of Louisiana Theme 25 points
Educational Impact (Nutritional Guidelines) 15 points
Community/Parent Involvement 20 points
Total Points 100 points
To submit a video, follow these guidelines.
1. Entries must be submitted on a DVD.
2. Video must include the entry form in the title and in the video credits.
3. Entry cannot be over 10 minutes in length.
4. Video must include sound and captions
5. Entry must include student involvement
Video Scoring Criteria:
1. Video Presentation 15 points
2. Student/Cafeteria Staff Involvement 25 points
3. Promotion of LSLW 25 points
4. Educational Impact 15 points
5. Parent/Community Involvement 20 points
Total Points 100 points
There are not any set menus that you should use due to the way districts conduct their bidding process. Try to prepare your menus to include and showcase
Louisiana products daily.
All Scrapbook and Video entries must be postmarked by Monday, April 6th, 2018. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!! Winners will be notified in writing and will be recognized
at the Annual Conference in June 2018. Scrapbooks and videos will be returned at the SNAL Conference in June 2018.
Mail Scrapbook and/or Video to:
Mary Wilkinson Download Info Packet
3000 N. Sherwood Forest Dr.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70814
(225) 226-3724 Office